Amazon is more than just an e-commerce giant. It is a leader in smart home products, and with its recent Whole Foods acquisition, it is also an upcoming grocery chain. About an year ago, I wrote about the Amazon Dash button - a tiny device that will order an associated product with the click of one button. Back then I was unaware that another Dash product, the Dash Wand, even existed. Recently, Amazon updated the Dash Wand to make it even better… but before we get to that:
Tesla has already set a high standard for electric cars, but companies like Porsche, Mercedes-Benz, and Audi are all working on their offerings. At Shanghai Auto Show this year, Audi announced the e-tron Sportback concept - an all-electric car with a futuristic look that will go into production in 2019.
After a long wait, we finally have the first official look at the Samsung Galaxy S8. First impressions: looks amazing and can't wait to try it out.
- Two sizes: a 5.8" Galaxy S8 and a 6.2" Galaxy S8 Plus
- No physical home button, but a pressure sensitive virtual home button
- Comes in 5 colours
- New 10nm processor (Snapdragon 835 or Exynos), 4 GB RAM, 64 GB storage (expandable using microSD)
- Camera: f/1.7 12 MP rear, f/1.7 8 MP front
- Face recognition, iris scanning and fingerprint sensor
- AKG headphones in the box
- USB-C, Headphone jack (yay!)
- Bixby: new way to interact with Galaxy S8 though voice, camera etc. Contextually aware assistant.
- Samsung Dex: hook up S8 to monitor, keyboard and mouse and use as a full computer
- New Gear VR with Bluetooth motion controller
- New Gear 360 camera
No pricing information available yet, but The Verge reports it to be around $720 for the base model.
Range Rover's Velar is an exceptional blend of technological prowess, luxury and off-road capabilities
The Geneva Motor Show is on its way with news from the Tata-Jaguar-Land Rover group: a new car that fits the gap between the Range Rover Evoque and the Range Rover Sport. It is called the Range Rover Velar, and it starts at US$49,900.
This article is a part of Technonerds' CES 2017 TVs coverage. Visit the main story for all details.
LG Signature 4K OLED W series
When you have “W” as in Wallpaper in the name, you can expect it to be super thin. And it is: 2.57 mm thin. That’s half the thickness of the iPhone 7!
This is Faraday Future’s answer to the electric car industry (mainly Tesla, I’d say): the crazy powerful full-electric futuristic looking FF 91.
- 130 kWh battery, with one of the highest battery densities
- 1050 horsepower, with instant torque delivery (2.39 seconds 0-60 acceleration)
- 378 miles (700 km) range on a single charge
- Facial recognition and ‘FF ID’ for keyless (and key-fob less) entry into the car
- 30+ cameras, sensors and a 360-dgeree 3D LIDAR that allows the car to drive and park autonomously
Reservations start today: $5000 for priority delivery (+ VIP access; this is refundable) and free otherwise. Estimated delivery in 2018.
Learn more: https://www.ff.com/en/ff-91/