Celebrating it’s continuous success as the best camera app for the iPhone, ProCam 3 is free for a limited amount of time… so don’t wait - just get it now!
What is ProCam 3?
The default camera app on the iPhone is great for a quick shot, but it lacks professional settings like ISO levels and white balance. ProCam brings such advanced settings - ISO, white balance, picture format, shutter speed - and more to the iPhone.
- Manual exposure, shutter speed, ISO, focus, and white balance controls
- Scroll and steppers system inspired by DSLR cameras
- Tap location accurate manual focus assist
- True focus peaking - iOS 9 or later
- Live shutter speed, ISO, focus, and WB values
- Manual controls are supported in all photo and video modes
- Highest quality photos with uncompressed lossless TIFF file format support
- Intelligent 3-shot HDR
- Live light level histogram
- Adjustable aspect ratio (4:3 / 3:2 / 16:9 / 1:1)
- Adjustable JPEG compression quality (100% / 90% / 80%)
- Video pause/resume functionality
- Video audio meter (Avg. / Peak signal levels)
- Still photo capture during video recording
- Realtime video stabilization (ON/OFF)
- Video disk space indicator
- Thirds grid and horizontal tiltmeter.
- Date / time / location / Copyright stamp
Why ProCam 3?
Simply speaking, ProCam 3 does the job of handling complex controls really well. It is an Apple AppStore ‘Best of 2014’ and ‘Best of 2015’ app. It has a beautifully simple interface, with sliding controls and easy enabling/disabling of auto modes. There is also an Apple Watch extension that can be used to capture images/videos remotely.
How much does it cost usually?
While prices may vary from country to country, the app retails for $4.99 (or Rs. 300 INR). But I highly recommend downloading it when it’s free - right now!
What’s my rating?
Although ProCam 3 hasn’t replaced the default camera app for me, I continue using it as a secondary app. I love the ISO and shutter speed settings as it helps capture much better low-light images. In my personal experience, ProCam has never crashed or run into problems. Make sure you use certain settings/modes only when you have a handy tripod/stand, else you’ll end up capturing shaky images. I also like the 3D Touch optimisations on this app; I can 3D Touch to granularly control manual focus.
I give this app a 4.5/5.
Get ProCam 3 now: http://apple.co/2aSwMj0
Visit their website: http://www.procamapp.com
This article is not a paid promotion.
All images from ProCam.
Follow Technonerds on Facebook, Twitter and Flipboard.
You write technology? Get in touch!