Visit Technonerds every day to follow Toppers 2014: with a new list everyday.
Article 1: Wearables
There is no doubt everyone wants a smartwatch, or a google glass, or some sort of tech for them to wear. As of now, your best bet would be to start off with a smartwatch.
If you are planing to buy a smartwatch anytime soon, here is the list of the best available:
1. Pebble Steel:
- Cheap, yet with great build quality
- Great app store
- Works with both Android and iPhone
- Very responsive, grown up OS
- Paper-white display, no problems viewing under the sun
- 5 day battery life (approx.)
- Cannot reply to notifications
- No inbuilt speaker, mic
- Limited storage; only 8 apps at a time.
- Limited availability of straps
I have reviewed it separately here: http://www.technonerdsblog.com/blog/the-pebble-smartwatch
2. Moto 360:
- Runs Android Wear
- Round display, resemblance to normal watches
- Inbuilt heart rate monitor
- 205 ppi display
- Wireless charging (via dock)
- 1 day battery life
- Android Wear limited and buggy
- Works only with Android 4.3 and above phones
- Limited fitness tracking
3. Samsung Gear S:
- Full phone and 3G, WiFi and Bluetooth 4.1 functionality on the wrist
- Bright, curved 2” display
- 512 MB RAM, 4 GB internal storage
- Needs a supported Galaxy phone to load on apps
- Limited store for apps
- Phone notifications not pushed
So theses were the top 3!
You see, the story isn’t over yet. There are a ton of other wearables in the market. But currently, the Android Wear is winning over the competition. Other than the Moto 360, the next best option is surely the LG G Watch R, with pretty much the same software experience but with a more “masculine” and bold styling. The only need with Android Wear watches is that the OS needs to be updated as soon as possible to improve the user experience.
Separate review of the LG G Watch R here:
Looking ahead: Apple Watch
The Apple Watch is coming early 2015 and is probably the most awaited smartwatch. Its said to be a huge fashion statement, far more than any other smartwatch. And yes, it does have its own share of innovative features, including the “digital crown”, “intimate” connections and Apple Pay. I wouldn’t speak much about it as yet, but a review will pop in whenever the watch comes out.
Hope you’ve enjoyed reading this article. Do hit the like button and comment in your views. And remember to share this with your friends and family, it’ll help!
A lot more is coming in this series of articles. Hope to see you again tomorrow!