As expected, Google has started rolling out Android 7.0 (N) Nougat on August 22. If you are using a Nexus device, you’ll receive an update soon. Or you can check for updates under Settings -> About -> Check for Updates, and figure out if the OTA update is out for your device.
Android N features thousands of improvements, but the major new features are:
- Native split-screen multitasking
- 1500 new emoji
- Improved Vulcan API for better graphics performance
- New Doze feature that’ll help you save battery
- redesigned quick settings and notification pane
- Daydream VR support for Daydream-compatible phones
You can read about these features here: Everything you need to know about Android N
If you are using a non-Nexus device, it may take a few days (or a few months!) for the OTA update to be available by your manufacturer. You might want to check your OEM’s Android update release schedule for information.
Visit the official Android N website: https://www.android.com/versions/nougat-7-0/
Follow Technonerds on Facebook, Twitter and Flipboard.
Subscribe to the weekly email update!